Friday, February 26, 2010

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Eccelesiastes 2:25

How can this verse not be in my heart and mind? The events of the last several months are a display of God's perfect timing in the midst of ongoing change. I am experiencing incredible growth and change in every area of my life and I have no doubt the changes are a direct result of drawing closer to God.

A large part of my life is full of uncertainty right now but God is my strong constant. I don't think I have ever welcomed so much change with arms wide open. This time in my life will always serve as a reminder to avoid the ease of complacency. Now my eyes are wide open.

As I am beginning to recognize how the complicated layers of my past have led me to this time of reconcilication, God is also revealing the layers of change that have occurred in my mother's life. I firmly believe "there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." I will quote the application notes in my bible. "God has a plan for all people. Although we may face many problems that seem to contradict God's plan, these should not be barriers to believing in him, but rather opportunities to discover that, without God, life's problems have no lasting solutions. Timing is important. The secret to peace with God is to discover, accept, and appreciate God's perfect timing."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephen
    I pray that God's will be done regarding your Mom. God will not put more on you than you can bear. He is always with you, all you have to do is trust him. You and your family are always in my prayers.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete