Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gaile Owens

I desperately want to fight for my mother's life. Our relationship is alive and I can only plea to others not to take this away from me now.

I am uncertain of the path that God is leading me on but I can tell you that He is showing up every day and I can see and feel His presence in the people and events unfolding around me. I know the only way I ever would have believed that my mother had changed and reformed her life was to see the evidence face to face. God has revealed this proof and continues to reveal His work to me every time I see her. It is so difficult for me to describe in words. It is real. It is powerful. It is amazing. It is love. It is peace. It is undeniable.

4 comments:

  1. I do not belive in the death penalty. I wish the best for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stephen, My name is Dana and your mother is one of my dearest friend. I want to say that I am truely sorry that you and your family are having to go thru this , but I am so glad that you are standing strong with Gaile. She is truely one of the most amazing people I have ever know. I love her dearly. Please know if you ever need anything just let me know I am there for you and your family. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think of Gaile. She made such a diffrence in my life. Hang in there , you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stephen,

    I happened upon you and your mother's story through a friend of mine via his column in the Examiner.

    http://www.examiner.com/x-45329-Memphis-Religion--Politics-Examiner~y2010m4d22-As-the-state-prepares-to-kill-again

    I have signed the petition and will begin writing letters on your mother's behalf but most importantly of all I will storm heaven with prayers for her, for you, and for the Governor of the state of Tennessee.

    I know it's easier said than done in times like these but hold on to your faith and take comfort in your love, your love for God, your love for your mother, and their unconditional love for you.

    From what I've read on Facebook et cetera there are lots of folks out there supporting you and your mother and now I'm one of them as well.

    May God bless and keep you and your mother now and always!

    Pax Christi,
    +Brian E. Brown, OSH
    Convening Bishop
    Christ's Catholic Church

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you Stephen. I heard about your mom and this blog, at a women's conference held in Cleveland TN. The speaker was Tina H. I want you to know my heart goes out to you and your family. But for the grace of God go I. I will pray for your mom and you and your family. I pray your younger brother is ok. Jesus is soon coming and all things, all...will be set right. Come quickly Lord Jesus. God keep you, Stephen.

    ReplyDelete