Monday, August 3, 2009

Many people have written or stopped me to offer prayers and almost everyone has made the comment, "I have so many questions but I don't want to intrude or be rude." Please know that I don't mind the questions. I have this new way of thinking that the more people know, the more details they can include in their prayers. The more people know, the more they can see the work of God in my life. The decision to share my life is an opportunity not an obligation. I have the opportunity to allow others to see how God has brought light into the darkest days, months, and years of my life. I don't HAVE to do this. I GET to do this. In Matthew 10:32-33 Jesus tells us that "whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. " Matthew 5:14-15 says, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to eveyone in the house." If I continue to keep silent when I should speak then I would be "hiding the light." Silence is no longer an option for me.

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. So many words come to mind when I think about what you are doing......FAITHFUL, COURAGEOUS, Close relationship with God, LOVING. I know you say you may not know how this may help others. You have no idea how your thoughts and being so open have helped my daily walk. Thank you for your example and how it has strengthened my daily walk. May God bless you and your family. You and your family are on my daily prayer list.

    ReplyDelete