Thursday, August 20, 2009

If you had asked me a couple of years ago how I would be feeling 3 days before visiting my mother in prison for the first time in 24 years I likely would have said, "very nervous, very worried, and very anxious." As odd as it sounds, I don't feel like that at all right now. I am calm. I know. My wife looked at me like I was crazy too. I think many people would agree that I have spent the majority of my life being worried about something, anything, all the time. That is another reason this calmness is so odd. As if the obvious magnitude of this weekend isn't reason enough to create some anxiety, I generally spend time being overly concerned about things on a daily basis. Again, this has God written all over it. Of course He would take one of the biggest decisions of my life and throw a blanket of peace over me. That's just how He works. I believe with all my heart that God has heard my prayers and the prayers of so many others who have lifted me up in the past several weeks, months, and years. Believe in Him. Believe in His Word. Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. I love you and am so proud of you! Know that my whole family is praying for you. I can't wait to hear what God does in you and through you because of your obedience!!!! You are my hero. :)

    ReplyDelete