Friday, August 7, 2009

I can not remember when I first noticed a change in my heart towards my mother or when I first considered the possibility of forgiving her. As a child I had been taught to forgive but for many years I thought there should be an exception to this rule as it applies to my mother. That is only fair. She is not allowed to rip my father from my life in an instant and expect me to forgive her. I still think that is true. I don't think she would expect me to forgive her. But Jesus does. Even when I look back at the last several years of my life I can see the preparation and the seeds that the Lord planted within me. I was working on my masters degree and desperately looking to teach/coach again. I was presented with an opportunity to teach at the Metro Davidson County Detention Center in Nashville. I honestly did not hesitate to take the position. I wanted the job and now I see God also wanted me to have that job. I taught inmates for the next 12 months. It was an unforgettable experience. Fast forward a couple of years to my current position at CPA. I am giving my testimony in front of Steve Wilson's 9th grade Bible class. Steve approaches me after the class and informs me that he knows my mother. Steve has a volunteer ministry in the prison. Seriously? This can only be the work of God. Steve Wilson will be joining my wife and I when we visit my mother. So please pray for Steve in the coming weeks. We appreciate all of the support and encouraging words through the comments on the site, the emails, and the phone calls. So many of you have shared your own experiences of tragedy and forgiveness too. Please continue to share this site and your own experiences with your friends and family. Philemon 1:6 says, "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ."

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment