Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why does it seem like time is standing still? There was such a rush of emotions and now it feels like a waiting game. I denied myself the thought of ever visiting my mother for so long. Now I am ready for the intensity of the situation to be over. So I am certain that I need to be still in this moment and listen to God. My wife always says that the unknown frightens her and excites her all at the same time. I definitely feel that way in this situation. There is an unending list of unknowns. Will I be calm or anxious? What does she look like? Will she look at me and see the undeniable resemblance to my father? Will my emotions come freely or will I fight them back? Will I speak freely? Will she see the man of God that I have grown into over the years? What will be her reaction? Will she still see the hurt and pain in my eyes? Will she see what life could have been like? Will God place me in that room with her and use me in ways that I can not imagine? Will He speak through me? Will she see and feel the forgiveness in my heart? God has all the answers. Right here, right now God is telling me to "be still, and know that I am God."

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment