Monday, July 27, 2009

We are receiving incredible words of encouragement and are so grateful. Thank you for your prayers and support. I am receiving messages from friends that were present in my time of need in the years immediately following dad's death. I have really enjoyed reading about their memories of my father. These are friends who immediately stepped up in my life and became brothers and fathers to me. I was 12 years old. This was such a critical time in my life and these godly men became an answered prayer. My church family, my teachers and coaches encircled me and would not allow me to give up. Undoubtedly, the person who is one of the greatest influences in my walk with Christ is Carolyn. Carolyn is my aunt and she became my legal guardian. By all definitions we were orphans. We no longer had a mother and father. She made the choice to fight for me and my brother. She chose to raise us. She chose to have her life completely and forever altered. There is no doubt that life has not been easy for any of us but I know that her unwavering faith showed me how to build my life on the firm foundation of God. The role that she has played in my life and the role of all of those who stepped up and so freely gave of themselves has unquestionably influenced the man, husband, father, teacher, and coach that I am today. I will always be grateful. Please remember Carolyn and all of our close friends and family in your prayers too. Although I know that God is directing this path, I also know that the decision to speak openly about my life is resulting in painful memories for others. Please pray that God will comfort them. For those who have not made the choice to reconcile their past, there is a great Healer. He is Jesus Christ our Lord.

Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Stephen,
    I have tears in my eyes as I read your blog...so many memories. Your Dad would be so proud of the man you have become. We are blessed to have you as part of our family. We will hold you and Lisa up in prayer as you continue to heal and esp for the upcoming visit with your Mom. We love you, Vicki and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen,
    When Lisa asked me if I had a home email I had no idea this was coming my way. I feel blessed that she considers me a friend enough to share this with me. I am also grateful she did send it to my home email. Stephen I had tears streaming down my face. I don't know you well, but hear stories from Lisa about your family life. You are a wonderful husband and father,and I will keep you in my prayers always!

    ReplyDelete