Monday, July 27, 2009

As I open my Daily Light devotional book to today's date I see Psalm 18:39 "You have armed me with strength for the battle." This speaks volumes to me today. I had an incredibly tough day yesterday. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was but I struggled with such a heavy heart. Maybe the reasons are obvious but I just couldn't seem to escape it. And so I feel warned that this will become more difficult. My emotions are under attack. Several years ago, this kind of attack would have caused me to retreat and avoid the situation. I would have said, "I'm just not ready." But my life is not like that anymore. You see, God has set me on solid ground. As it is spoken in Ephesians "be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." I am certain that my struggles will continue. Some days will always be better than others. God did not promise anyone on this earth an easy life. But He is a faithful God and "His compassions never fail. They are new every morning."

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. I remember your dad, even though I was very young when all this happened (a couple of years younger than Brian). I even remember the night we got the phone call from whomever... We were living in TX by then. What I remember about your dad - from my little girl brain - was his beard and how kind he was. He did have a beard, right? At least, that's how I remember him. I'm really proud of you, Stephen, and will pray for you and continue to read your updates.

    ReplyDelete