Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Do you ever notice when you are obedient to God and grow in your faith that God doesn't stop presenting you with challenges? As I was leaving my brother's house July 4th weekend, I received a call from our cousin in Arkansas. He tells me that my grandfather (dad's dad) is very sick and his health is quickly declining. So now I have a decision to make. Do I go see him? Will he recognize me? I haven't seen him in over 20 years. In November 1984, my grandmother passed away unexpectedly from a brain aneurysm. Three months later, dad was killed. My grandfather lost all hope. He moved away and we lost contact. I miss him. He is one of the last connections I have with my father. I wanted my grandfather in my life and it felt as though he left me too. We weren't allowed to run away and hide so why was it okay for him? Feelings of resentment have also crept in over the years. So now is the time to let go of all of those feelings too. Is it a coincidence that I have the opportunity for healing on both sides of my family at the same time? yeah, right. This situation has God written all over it. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." So our trip is planned and I will soon be looking into the eyes of my grandfather for the first time in over 20 years. I will look into his eyes and talk to him. I am going to make sure he knows our Lord Jesus Christ. I believe the day will come when I will see my dad again. I want to make sure my grandfather is there to witness our reunion in heaven.

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment