Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some days I can pray all day and never run out of things to say. Then on days like today, I try to pray but don't have any idea what to say. I don't know if it is because the words won't come to me or because I have so many thoughts running through my head that I can't make sense of anything. One part of me would like to have a crystal ball to find out where I will be 2 months down the road. Another part of me wants to be still in this moment as I feel and see God working in my life. Every day seems like a struggle to continue down this road. Every day I have to deal with the images of dad and mom, the memories, and the heartache. It simply isn't fair. It is a part of my life. It is part of what makes me who I am today. If I could have my father back I would do it in an instant. But God has also sent blessings in my life as a result of my circumstances after dad's death. So what do I pray when the pain seems unbearable? What do I pray when I just want some relief? I believe "the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us in accordance with God's will." I don't pray for my will but for God's will. I want the pain to go away but God has brought many blessings from my pain. I don't think God wants me to hurt but I pray that His healing of my pain will be used to further His kingdom and lead others to a place of forgiveness and peace.

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. I am Ellen Young's mom and just wanted to send you an encouraging word as you walk this journey to peace. I feel sure God will reward you with peace as you seek His guidance. Numbers 6:24-26: "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and Give You Peace." A favorite of mine during my husband's recent illness and death: Isaiah 43:1-3: "But now, this is what the Lord says, He who created you, O Jacob (Stephen); 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL, YOUR SAVIOR..." May God bless you and Lisa each day as you travel this road.

    ReplyDelete