Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The letter to my mother, Gaile Owens, will be mailed tomorrow requesting a visit on August 23, 2009. The last time I saw my mother was in 1986 and I was sitting on the witness stand testifying against her. She was convicted of accessory before the fact in the murder of my father and sentenced to death. It certainly seems cliche to say that it has been a difficult "journey" to this place of forgiveness. It has been a journey of sorts, I guess. It has been excruciating at times. It has been full of deep valleys. I have undoubtedly hit rock bottom more than once. I have been face down in the mud and mire of many pits. But I believe with all my heart that God has rescued me, carried me, led me, and freed me. He is my Deliverer. He is my Redeemer. I still ache with pain at the loss of my father. I do not believe that ache will ever leave me. It isn't fair. But as hard as it is to understand, I still hold strong to the unfailing truth that "in ALL things God works for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose." He does not only use the nicely wrapped events in life but "ALL things" in life. This means He uses the good and the bad. He even uses the horrific and the tragic.

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment