Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm asking for prayers again as I speak in Chapel tomorrow morning. I pray God will work through me to reach the hearts of those in the room. I pray we will all be challenged and make the decision to walk out loud in our faith every single day. What in the world are we waiting on? What in the world have I been waiting on? It isn't like God has been inactive in my life. It isn't as if I have nothing to say. We all have something to say. We all have the ability to listen to others. I pray that the silence will stop and that we will all decide to hand our fears, worries, and insecurities over to God and open our hearts, minds, and mouths to tell others about Jesus. We all have reasons that we have told ourselves not to speak or witness to another. Is there really a good reason not to offer someone the hope of salvation...the guarantee of salvation? What good reason really exists to not tell someone that Jesus saves. He heals. He forgives. He is the Savior. Why do we hide our stories? Why do we cover our pain? Why do we refuse to publicly give God the credit? Because it's easier? Maybe. For me, there is no doubt that my years of staying silent were much easier than the last 3 months of walking out loud.


Tags:

1 comment:

  1. Luke 11:33 "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light." So grateful and blessed to be married to a man with the courage to walk out loud in words and action. I love you and support you!!

    ReplyDelete