Sunday, August 30, 2009

Now I find myself feeling restless. My mind is so full and I see so many directions to go but I don't know which one to choose. My first instinct is to pick one and go for it. But experience has taught me to be patient and wait for the Lord. He will set the path before me. One question that I had immediately after seeing my mother was "Do I go back?" And "If I go back then how often?" The answer quickly became clear that I will go back again. Nothing is set. Logistically, there is a lot for me to learn about the process. Understandably, there are a lot of rules and regulations. But yes, I will definitely go back for a lot of reasons. I admit that I had no plans at all to do this again. I had no intentions to see her again. But God didn't really consider my plans and intentions. I feel Him leading me to a place outside of my safe and secure "comfort zone." After all that has happened in my life I have never once studied what the Bible teaches us about prisoners. So I pray and ask God to guide and direct me. Hebrews 13:3 says, "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners." There are no exclusions attached to that verse. It doesn't exclude prisoners convicted of specific crimes. It doesn't exlude prisoners within your family. In the past, this would have been an example of when I would expect to be an exception to the rule. I do believe in God and His Word. I believe a day of judgement is coming. But He is the judge.

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. Steven we are so proud of you. We are so glad we were given this blog of yours. We have emailed it to a son of ours named Ken. Again this was great.

    ReplyDelete