Sunday, November 21, 2010

Looking Forward to Thanksgiving!

I know I have said it many times but I am amazed at everything that has transpired in the last year. No doubt this Thanksgiving has a new blessing added to my long list. I am visiting Mom on a regular basis and continue to pray through the process of building our relationship. She is staying very busy in her new job and learning to adjust to life in general population.

God has provided opportunities in the last couple of months for me to speak and share my testimony of His healing. Last weekend I was invited to speak to a youth group here in Franklin. This group has been working through the book Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson. I was introduced to these young people as a real life lion chaser. Really? Me?

As I studied through their book I quickly began to relate to the theme. "Lion-chasers don't try to avoid situations where the odds are against them. Lion-chasers know that impossible odds set the stage for amazing miracles."

"The world is full of cautious and prudent people who will live fine, long lives. But chances are if you spend your life in an attempt to elimate risk, uncertainty, and fear you will miss out on some of the most amazing experiences a person can have with Jesus."

"Part of us wants God to reduce obstacles. We like situations where the odds are in our favor. But sometimes God allows the odds to be stacked against us so He can reveal more of His glory through it."

Thank you God for teaching me and leading me through the biggest lion chase of my life this past year!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing Lion Chaser and I thank God for your courage which has greatly blessed me and my family. May God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete