Monday, August 31, 2009

Before going to see my mother, I had prayed that God would give me the strength to keep a clear mind and allow Him to work on my guarded heart. I did not want to walk in and relive past events and negative emotions. I did not want to try to settle any past arguments or disagreements. I wanted to walk through the moment for what it was and completely surrender myself to the Lord. For me, I had to have that mind set. I think if my mind had been clouded with trying to resolve past issues, I would not have been able to walk out of there with the same feelings of peace and freedom. I have not received any communication from my mother since the visit. I can only hope that she was able to see and feel the healing power of Christ. His power is real. His power is authentic. And so today, I continue praying for guidance and direction.


Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment